Friday, November 03, 2006

Jeff's Pi Memorization Tips

Here are Jeff's Pi Memorization Tips:
3 . 14159265358979323 - I still remember this much from age 16.8 - I just ate.46264 - COOL mirror image number.33 - Rhyms with tree-tree? (This speeellin of 'rhym' doesn't look right be the spelling checker okayed it.)832 - This is a popular dialing prefix in my area.795 - My dad used to have a post office box with this number.0288 - I like numbers that start with zero.4 - How many digits are in the following year?1971 - I didn't like the 70's. (In general that is.)69 - Two years earlier. (First year of CV joints on Volkswagen Beetles.)3993 - A cool mirror image number.7510 - Last number in this section5820 - the first two digit are the 7 & 5 of the last section reversed + 1.974 - A Futuristic Porsche style?944 - A Present day Porsche style!!5923 - Kind of related to the number before the Porsches.0781 - First number I like in this section.640 - Popular computer graphic screen width.628 - What is the 40 above in hex? (28!)620 - What is the 40 above divided by 2? (20!)8998 - Cool mirror image number.628 - This is the middle 600 number above repeated.0348 - Other number I like in this section.2 - How many digits follow?53 - How many weeks in a year + 1 ?421 - Three digit descending (divide by 2) number.1 - "One is the loneliest number that you'll ever do!" (Three Dog Night)706 - Almost a Boeing 707 airplane !!79 - Popular computer terminal column width - 1.

7 comments:

Litzi said...

Hi OneEar,
Mathematics has never been my forte, so I’ve no idea what you’re ruminating about in this post. I was an English major in college, so if you’d kindly put your hypothesis in simple terms, perhaps I could understand what you’re trying to say. Then again, confusion is a pleasant way to exist upon occasion.

OneEar said...

Oh, a little background.

These are Jeff's pi memorization tips.

Litzi said...

Hi OneEar,
Oh, well then….please be sure to thank Jeff for the “pi memorization tips” post. How’d we manage without this knowledge? Is Jeff a friend of yours, Loud But Off Key and Cocoa No GoGo? Can we to look forward more erudite discussions from Jeff in the future? Is Jeff by chance an engineer?

OneEar said...

I don't know Jeff, and I doubt that Coco or Dr. Bok do either. A little research reveals that his Christian name is Jeff Frohwein and he apparently lives in Huntsville. I believe he probably drives a Volkswagon.

I am only familiar with him through his work in helping people to memorize the number pi to 100 digits.

Litzi said...

Hi OneEar,
Jeff Frohwein sounds like a modest man, despite his major contribution in helping people memorize the number pi to 100 digits. Is this a useful thing to have in one’s personal memory bank? I’ve managed to get by without this knowledge, but maybe it’s something I should become familiar with….

OneEar said...

You think you have managed to get by. Just imagine how differently things could have turned out.

That is why Jeff comes in handy.

I have always found it difficult to believe that big circles and small circles have the same ratio of circumference to radius, let alone that the ratio is an infinite non-repeating number. No matter how many digits you show me, I'm always going to ask about the next one.

OneEar said...

Here are the rules. Please note #10 which provides that a minister can verify a 10,000 digit performance. Please let me know when you are ready.