Thursday, October 12, 2006

On Weeee Updated - Congratulations

Our friend Alceste has just completed his PhD! Sincere congratulations to you, sir. You are now, without a doubt, the most highly educated drummer in the Clown Squad.

You are hereby officially forgiven for and absolved of all sins to date including but not limited to your troubling absence from Churck services. However, now that you have disposed of your dissertation, we expect you to become more regular.
------------------------

My Toast to You

We are gathered here today to honor a real man – but not just any man. This man is a father, a son, a brother, and an uncle, and a brother-in-law, and a taxpayer. And he is a friend. He is all that a man can, nay should, no MUST be. He is a man’s man.

I will never forget the first time that I met {insert name} . I was immediately struck by his sincerity, his genuineness, his authenticity, and his realness. Over time, I came to know {insert name} not just as a real man, but also as a (make quotation marks in air) “real” man. Yes, he is both real and (make quotation marks in air) “real.”

And so, on this special occasion, we raise our glasses, both figuratively and metaphorically, and we give a toast, “This one’s for you {insert name}, for being one of the really real men.

(Cue: For He's a Jolly Good Fellow - to the tune of The Bear Went Over the Mountain)

10 comments:

Sven said...

Our drummer can't even spell PhD.

OneEar said...

That's funny, our PhD can't drum.

Litzi said...

Hi OneEar,
It makes me laugh when I meet someone with a PhD who’s hell bent to work it into the conversation about their degree. It’s like everyone is supposed to kiss their arse because they’ve got a doctorate, I guess. I’ve informed several people that I’ve been introduced to who are trying to impress me with their smarts, that I’m a proctologist, and start wiggling my fingers around. “You can bend over anytime”.

OneEar said...

Proctology is no joke. This is very important work, ass doctor.

Doc Bok said...

OneEar, You're Right! Proctology is no joke. It's all fun and games until something goes wrong with YOUR OWN ass. Then it's no laughing matter. No more nights at the opera or symphony theater. No more pool parties. Yes, indeed. ML, you clearly have escaped the ravages of fecal incontinence to this point in your long life--but that won't last forever! (jump in anytime here, AlCeste...)
Plus, next time someone's trying to impress you and you want to give a hand gesture, use only one finger. Proctologists rarely use more than one, unless you've really irritated them.

Doc Bok said...

What does the "h" stand for, anyways? "h"olyshit? Why, for God's sake, isn't it CAPITALIZED?!? I demand satisfaction.

Litzi said...

Hi OneEar,
Proctology is no laughing matter; however, your latest comments have me LMFAO. Being a proctologist gives new meaning to the term “brown nose”. Ahem.

Hi Loud but off key,
Oh my, you’ve certainly covered the gamut of activities you’d no longer be able to do if you happen to develop a problem in the nether regions. And you’re correct; although I’m officially “older than dirt”, I’ve yet to consult with a proctologist. I’ve had a few rather nasty sessions with a gynecologist, however. Once upon a time, I thought stirrups were only on saddles.

Thanks for the good advice about wiggling only one finger around when playing proctologist; I ass-ume a fist full of twitching digits would scare even the bravest of souls. Too bad AlCeste couldn’t rescue this post from going into the sewer; even teapots get profane upon occasion and need to be reamed out……

OneEar said...

Why does it always seem to come around to shoving fingers up our asses?

Doc Bok said...

OneEar, no one wants to get behind, does he?

Litzi said...

Hi OneEar,
One explanation could be that we’re sick individuals…..