Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Thank Rusty

Our good and gracious Rusty has done it again! I was pining away in my cubicle this afternoon, when what to my wondering eyes should appear, but a special delivery marked "Rush."

Wonderful, I thought, I love rush. Many of my favorite objects are rush! Upon closer examination, I learned that the box also was marked "Insulated" and "Perishable." Even better. Insulated perishable rush object(s)! What else could I learn from the packaging? "Up" with an arrow pointing, of all directions, upwards. Now we were getting somewhere. My imagination raced with all of the possibilities, and I could hardly restrain myself from tearing into the present.

But wait a minute. What if those crafty batterers had sent me a package bomb or some anthrax or a Kathy Lee Gifford album? Was I willing to take the risk? After much deliberation, I elected to open the box.

What to my wondering eyes should appear but an insulated box filled with smoked bratwurst from Wisconsin!?!?! The smoked meat was accompanied by the referenced invoice. If you look carefully, you will see that the order for the smoked meat was placed by none other than Rusty himself! I am going to cherish these bratwurst forever and forever.

Thank you Rusty for this food that I have received.

3 comments:

Charlie said...

A miracle surely, no two doubts about it.

To hell with cherishing. Let's eat—in a communionly way, of course.

And cut the mustard, as our mystical friend once said.

Doc Bok said...

Are you soliciting gifts for your battered behind? And coaxing the gentle reader in the direction of what would be appreciated? We have noticed that you told no stories of the flowers you received....

Doc Bok said...

I think we'll hear a story next about how "rusty" sent you some beer and cheese to go with your brats, but if only he had sent the kind you prefer, etc...