Thursday, February 01, 2007

Rusty Gras Set List (Draft)

Originals
Without the Dudes - in Em
Nappy's Seven Dudely Sins - in Bb
Nobody's Gayer Than Nappy - in C
The Rusty Song - in E
The Grumpy Sergeant - in E
Life is Like a Sausage - in E
The Youth Demographic - in G
Too Many Inappropriate Commercials Blues - in A
Two Steppin Surgeon - is this in G or D?
Whisky Infused Train Wreck - I would guess G.

Covers
Jambalaya - in D
Aiko Aiko - in E
You Ain't Goin Nowhere - in G
Like a Rollin Stone - in G
Turn the Page - in E
Mystery Train - in E
Heart of Gold - in G

We'll have 2x 8 song (30 min) sets with 2 songs left over for encores. The play will add 5 minutes, 15 minutes to tune, a 45 minute break, 10 minutes to change my G string, and 8 minutes to re-cage the chinchillas.

11 comments:

Doc Bok said...

I don't believe I've heard song #3; is something you've been working on at home or at work?

OneEar said...

Lbok, Nappy is just a "character" you'll be portraying. Don't read so much into it.

On a different note, have you ever had an enema?

Doc Bok said...

No. But I think I'd prefer YOUR character to undergo the process in advance of Nappy.

Doc Bok said...

Where's Litzi? I hope she didn't fall victim to one of her vibrating churck pews.

Litzi said...

Hi Loud But Off Key,
LOL! No, I haven’t fallen victim to one of my vibrating Churck pews; I’m still working on how to channel the current down the aisles without electrocuting the parishioners. We want to get their attention but not give them instant afros.

Please tell OneEar that I play a mean kazoo and could accompany him on any of the tunes on the “Rusty Gras Set List” if he’s interested. I may not be able to play in the key that he’s suggesting, but it’d be monotonic and loud.

Litzi said...

Happy Ground Hog Day to both of you!

OneEar said...

LBok - My character doesn't undergo any enemas. It would be, well, out of character. However, if you would just open up your, er, mind, you might find, you get what you need.

ML - Thank you for your offer to accompany me on the kazoo. I haven't had much luck figuring out how best to post audio files. (Witness "Those Were The Days - Candid Audio") However, if you figure it out, post your kazoo part and then we'll play around it.

Litzi said...

Hi OneEar,
I’d forgotten about your trying to post audio files last April. I tried listening again and I’ve got the same complaint: VOLUME?? I’ve no clue how to that either or how to do links to other sites. Perhaps you’ll just have to take my word for it that I’m quite accomplished on the kazoo. I’m also able to make noises with my vintage Oscar Mayer wiener whistle, in case you’ve any need for shrillness.

Are you and Loud But Off Key getting kinky about enemas?

Litzi said...

Hi Loud But Off Key,
Please let OneEar know that I’ve been known to play the skin flute upon occasion. Thanks!

OneEar said...

Now we're getting somewhere.

Litzi said...

Hi OneEar,
Somewhere being?