Friday, February 23, 2007

When You Least Expect It, Expect It

Well, in my infinite wisdom, my predictions came true. The unexpected was to be expected at Jockamo Rusty 007.

First, as expected, none of the equipment arrived on time but we were still too loud even with only 2 amps.

Second, unexpected people did indeed come to our performance. In fact, the unexpected people at our performance were us. Apparently were not expected to perform. Although The Crying Game Farm went completely off-script, it was a hit nonetheless. Despite our unexpected success in engaging all of the party-goers, we were ushered unexpectedly and hastily out of the house-party even though we weren't the ones who were vomiting.

Third, who would have expected to walk 500 blocks in the freezing cold during Mardi Gras?

There were a few other unexpected revelations. It turns out that the darker complexioned races of New Orleans remain very angry. One gentleman in particular is very, very belligerent, and one can only assume that his hostility is Katrina-related. Otherwise, why would a minor urine-related faux pais have resulted in Alceste's broken ankle.

Finally, I'm sure something unexpected must have happened Sunday, but I really don't remember. I guess that was to be expected.

5 comments:

Doc Bok said...

My lips and nose peeled right off when I got home. I can't tell if it's from the heat and spice of the Crawdads, or simple frostbite. What does anyone else think?

OneEar said...

Sounds like Herpes.

Litzi said...

Hi Loud But Off Key,
You could have a case of New Orleans crabs. Are you scratching in inappropriate places at inopportune times?

Doc Bok said...

I have only been tugging on appropriate organs when the moment suits me. Remember, it was my LIPS and NOSE that peeled, not my crank-shaft. When do I get my skin-flute played, as promised?

Litzi said...

Hi Loud But Off Key,
OMG, I was hoping you’d have forgotten that comment I made a few weeks ago. I’m not very musically inclined, so perhaps you should find someone else to play your skin-flute. The only instrument I’m proficient on is the kazoo.


Try some lubrication on your LIPS and NOSE if they’re still peeling…I’m sure your crank shaft is quite well oiled.