Thursday, April 03, 2008

Help Jack Off

Professor Michio Kaku, of City University in New York, has ruled out time travel for at least a few millennia, but believes invisibility cloaks and telepathy could be possible this century.

Well, smarty pants, why can't I invent my Jack-off Drive (TM) now with technology brought to me from the future by a Jack-off Driver (TM)? I will consider Jack-off Driving backwards to move the technology farther into the past of space-time, but I will decline to do so because it would make my Jack-off Drive obsolete and therefore worthless in my present and will not buy me a new boat.

I had not considered creating an invisibility cloak, but, once I've worked out the details of the Jack-off Drive (TM), I will go back and think of that one earlier.

As for telepathy, I can see no practical benefits to that given the widespread availability of CB radios.

9 comments:

Doc Bok said...

Michio Kaku, by the BTW, is a total media-slut. He is on every frickin' science program I have ever seen, and as a physicist, he is loaded with "expert" opinions (that he gets paid to blabber about) on things like anthropology, medicine, technology, and agriculture. Who's he sleeping with? As a professor from NY City College, I have no idea how he actually teaches or does research since he's in front of the camera 8 days a week. Has anyone ever seen anything creative he has done? How'd he become professor?

Doc Bok said...

I may have to take some of that back. He IS listed in Who's Who in America.

Doc Bok said...

"Who's Who in America" by the btw, asked me to submit a bio, if that is any indication of the quality of their selection process.

Doc Bok said...

And for a nominal fee, I was then entitled to purchase the $130 book, and many other forms of merchandise, while the company maintained it's right to sell my information, e.g. address/phone number, to the highest bidders who were then entitled to fill every mailbox and email account to which I may be connected with 17,000 metric tons of junk that I may wish to purchase. How to separate DokBok from his money: a quick study on money-makery off of the Gullible.

OneEar said...

Funny you should bring that up.

I would like to invite you to participate in a new publication I have created called "Who's What in America." Likewise, please send me $130.

Doc Bok said...

Look, if you want it to work, you have to appeal to professional vanity: "Dear DokBok, here at Moneymoneymoney.com, we have noticed that you are both 'Dok' and 'Bok'. How unusual. We have predicted that there are very few others with Dok and Bok, and feel you should be praised, therefore, by millions and showered in expensive gifts for the remainder of your existence. For a nominal fee of $1300, we can begin that process for you, at no additional cost to you."

Please try again, and go bigger.

OneEar said...

Hey Coco,
As I was considering whether I should have written that I will travel "farther" or "further" back in time, it occurs to me that English is behind the times, so to speak, with respect to Einstein.

The rules of English generally hold that farther is to be used for distance (space) but further is to be used for time?!? However, as we now know, space is time. Are these grammarians trying to avoid the fundamental laws of quantum physics?

Doc Bok said...

yeah, Cocoa, what do you have say about that, Mr. I-know-everything-about-writing-stuff?

Doc Bok said...

And don't let the oranges do the talking for you.