Friday, November 02, 2007

Still Drinking On Fridays


I am what you might call a creature of habit. You might just call me a creature. You wouldn't be the first.

So, it occurs to me that it would be much easier to rewrite history than to travel through time. During the Gorbachev years, I remember hearing the quotation from a Soviet commentator, "Our history has never been so uncertain." I couldn't agree less.

Call me a revisionist, but it is better than being called a creature. So, I would like to predict that my contribution to history will be ___(Note to self: fill in blank later with accurate data).

3 comments:

Litzi said...

Hi OneEar,
“I would like to predict that my contribution to history will be” the founder and sovereign power (Big Mahoff) of The First Unichurck. Or how about the genius behind the Funniest Website Ever.

Is this a photo of you and a sibling behind the wheel of the Fire Fighter vehicle? I hope you drove better than Shitney…

OneEar said...

ML, yes, that is myself and the middle child.

I probably should have gone into fire - either the department or the other thing.

Litzi said...

Hi OneEar,
There’s a resemblance between you as a child and your son…

If you’d gone into the “other thing” you might be behind bars; not the bar association or serving potables…