Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Thanks


Well, happy thanksgiving all.

My family has this "tradition" of reminiscing during family get-togethers. I suspect that this is a common affliction. For some reason, my nieces and my children delight in hearing stories about the rare times when I was naughty as a child. Both of my sisters chime in with their favorite tales about when I threw them down the staircase or convinced them that the walls in my room were filled with candy.

I just take the punishment and chalk it up to Karma.

Here's hoping that you are able to ridicule your loved ones this holiday. Give thanks to those that keep us humble.

11 comments:

Litzi said...

Hi OneEar,
Happy Thanksgiving...

OneEar said...

Right back atcha

Attila the Mom said...

Yes, we're all just big children who use the holidays to torment the crap outta each other!

Notice how the stories get more flamboyant as the years go on? LOL

Hope you had a great holiday!

Litzi said...

Hi OneEar,
I hope you didn’t ingest too much tryptophan over the long Thanksgiving Day weekend….

Doc Bok said...

I cooked. Everything went fine. Except I forgot the cranberry sauce. One, did you cook or eat?

OneEar said...

Mom, it seems that as the years go by, I used to be a bigger asshole.

Litz, I ate much too much, as is my wont.

Butoffskey, I imagine it is fairly easy to cook for an Asian supermodel. Would you care for half of an olive, dear?

Litzi said...

Hi OneEar,
And you can do again in 4 weeks~~~Christmas....

Doc Bok said...

she could out eat even you. Even at the height of your sausage-eatin' Atkins Diet campaign. Don't underestimate that rice-driven metabolism--keep in mind which race has won the Nathan's hot dog eating contest over and over again. Until this year, that is. To quote Alceste, "Facts are facts"

Doc Bok said...

plus, her whole dang family showed up. Remarkably, all Asian. And I don't mean "dang" in a pejorative, anti-Vietnamese way, either.

OneEar said...

You didn't say "dang" around them, did you?

Doc Bok said...

God no. They're Korean. It wouldn't make sense. But that's nothing new for me.