Monday, December 04, 2006

Sorry About the Brain Thing

Everything that I will attempt to say to you this morning will be from my heart, except for a couple of lines which will be from my liver and a brief word from my penis. I am fully cognizant of the effect that my words have on the entire world, but, unfortunately, I do not care. Please disregard what I just said.

Let’s pray. Dear Rusty, I pray that you give my followers the ability to look deep within my heart, liver and penis and to join in my anguish, pain, and love. I have never, and by that I mean always, met and faced the issues head-on, and I have never felt the need to wear underpants beneath my robes. I have never sidestepped or skirted unpleasantries. To the contrary, I have embraced unpleasantries. I have had wild, crazy sex with unpleasantries. That is how brave I am, and I hope to exhibit such bravery this morning.

Behold, I was shapen in inequity; and in sin did my mother conceive me. But I forgave her. Behold, thou desireth truth in the inward parts (innards); I shall be clean; wash me, and I shall not smell so ripe. Make me to hear joy and gladness; that the bones which thou hast broken may rejoice. Hide thy face from my sins, and blot out all mine iniquities. Create in me a clean heart, O God, and a clean liver and penis; and renew a right spirit within me.

I have sinned, dear friends. The First Unification Church of Knowledge has long wrestled against the reborn, the living dead. But I, dear friends, I was weak, and I allowed myself to be seduced into their brain-eating ways. Yes, I was a zombie.

As an aside, I must tell you that being a zombie is not all that it is cracked up to be. For one thing, they tend to be terrible conversationalists.

Me: So, what do you guys do for fun?
Z: Brains.
Me: I see, is there a bar at your clubhouse?
Z: Brains.
And so on. You might as well try to have a conversation with a government employee. And their diet sucks! I guess I don’t mind if a guy eats some brains once in a while, but every meal? Also, the stench of rotting flesh loses its appeal rather quickly. You do have to admire the zombie camaraderie, as it is a pretty tight fraternity. But talk about hazing.

Anyway, I ask the forgiveness of all whom I have wronged by joining the zombies. My wife, my children, the First UniChurck, RUE Enterprises, the Clown Squad, my employees (or at least Lindsey. I don’t really need to apologize to Fred because he only works part-time), and most of all, Rusty. I love you all. Despite our differences. Despite your faults. You may be flawed, but you are worthy of my forgiveness.

No one is to blame but OneEar. I take the responsibility, and I will never again eat the brains of another living human, no matter how delicious they may be.

Thank you. Thank you and Rusty bless.

8 comments:

Litzi said...

Hi OneEar,
Thank “Rusty” that your days and nights of eating brains are a thing of the past! Now you can direct your full attention to matters concerning The First Unichurck and quit obsessing about where your next meal is coming from…..

Doc Bok said...

Whoa. What the hell's in your Jimmy Dean Breakfast sausages? Crack?

Litzi said...

Hi Loud But Off Key,
Are you addressing me or OneEar? If you’re posing the question to me, I didn’t have breakfast and the only crack I’ve seen recently was when the plumber was here last week to fix a leaky sink.

Doc Bok said...

I was affectionately questioning the fundamental thought-disorder we sometimes refer to as "OneEar". Sorry for the mix-up.

Litzi said...

Hi Loud But Off Key,
If you’re discussing “thought-disorder” individuals, you could be referring to me as well. I’m quite mixed up about the three-in-one of you gentlemen……

Doc Bok said...

Think "Three for one", rather than "Three in one". Any other confusions you may suffer can likely be blamed on OneEar.

Litzi said...

Hi Loud But Off Key,
You gentlemen remind me of “The Three Musketeers”; Athos, Porthos and Aramis, who chant the motto “one for all and all for one”. Or the bargain of the week “three cans of beans for the price of one”. Either way, you’re all entertaining though a bit confusing at times.

OneEar said...

ML - These idiots are more like the mouseketeers. I, on the other hand, more closely resemble Goofy.