Friday, June 13, 2008

Recrap

This is a recrap of Rusty 2008 - The Bloodletting.

The event was held at the house of your hero and mine, your's truly in Wisconsin.

On Thursday evening, Alceste arrived. He and I went to the Rathskellar to hear a bluegrass band, but, as expected, as soon as I returned with our beer, the tune they were playing ended and the band began packing up their shit. For some reason, this always seems to happen to us.

So, we drank up and then drove to another tavern to hear a blues guitarist named Catfish Stephenson who was accompanied by an electric bassist.




Alceste and I hung out for two sets which were fantastic. However, it is disheartening to watch someone who is that good picking a guitar sitting in a nearly empty bar, and it is even more disheartening to consider that, try as you might, you will never be in the same league with Catfish. Eventually, we'd had enough, and we headed out for my house.


On the way, we stopped at Le Tigre Lounge for a few Martinis. Le Tigre is a place in a strip mall and, from the outside, it looks like a place in a strip mall. However, once through the doors, you are in a lounge. Frank on the dime jukebox if the piano isn't being played, velvet everywhere, and tiger decor which makes the phrase "over the top" seem under the bottom.

Eventually, we left Le Tigre and went to my house. I believe we went across the street for a few beers at the Gone Fish Inn, but we may have just drank outside at my house or both, I can't really keep the nights straight. Eventually, we retired for the evening.

Friday morning, Mrs. Ear was up and out before I awoke. We got the boy to school, dropped the girl at daycare, and then headed for the airport to pick up Doc Bok. I think we stopped at Bennett's smut and eggs on the way home, though they only have smut on Saturdays and Sundays, so we just had bloody marys.
From there, we hit the grocery to pick up some sausages and bourbon. While we were commandeering supplies, Coco was making his way northward. His first assignment - pick up Bunderwear at the airport. Meanwhile, back at the Hall of Just Us, the following happened, though I'm not sure in what order:
we went to the yellow house bar, scene of the famous incident when DBok wanted to suck Randy's dick. DBok wanted to punch, kick, and/or lick Bunderwear's testicles.
started a fire
DBok career counseled BJ to leave his wife, job, and life. This was the last time the bar was open.
could not start the LP grill
fire went out
we went to a bar to hear a band
Bunderwear and I went to the house of an origami and her husband
Jack the giant bartender and I played guitar
we burned the christmas tree
it rained
the fire went out
Coco took a long, long nap
Dok Bok took a long, long nap
climbed up a hill
threw up
we went to the terrace and Bunderwear went to the airport
we went to the jam
dropped off Alceste and DBok
Coco went home
I tried to piece myself back together

28 comments:

Doc Bok said...

there was a distinct abscence of smut, as it was only Friday. things got progressively worse from there.

Doc Bok said...

That's all you remember, isn't it?

Anonymous said...

Should Bill W. be advised of the situation?

Doc Bok said...

Bill W.ho?

Anonymous said...

Bill Wilson, the co-founder of Alcoholics Anonymous Bill Wilson

Doc Bok said...

Not very Anon.ymous anymore, is he now?

Doc Bok said...

Speaking of Anon.Ymous, I thought we had closed the door on anon.ymous submitters. How'd you manage to squeek through? Crisco? Plus, I think I speak for the entire natural world when I say, "The suspense is simply titillating. Who ARE you? And what are you hiding?"

Litzi said...

Hi Doc Bok,
‘Tis me! And how nice to know my comments have been tit-illating. There wasn’t any problem leaving an anonymous comment; maybe you’ve got a slow leak. If you want to reset it, go into the “Comments” section and find the appropriate button to click.


Bill W. has morphed into annie-ominous, but the 12-step program he helped create has helped a great many individuals.

Doc Bok said...

Litzi,
You said "tit". Heeheehee.


(I should've know it was you all along; who else would talk to us?)

Litzi said...

Hi Doc Bok,
Don’t sell yourselves short…I’m sure there are a lot of people who talk to you gentlemen.

Some Blogs are more obscure than others and perhaps people are hesitant (the shy, retiring types) to leave comments. I seldom get recognition on my posts.

Would you like me to clean up my language? I don’t want to arouse anyone….

OneEar said...

DBok, if you are going to send me pictures of your young Asian girl-friend, please photo-chop yourself out of them to save me some time.

Litzi, most people recognize that the alcoholic is me, so I don't think I'd fit in with the anonymous alcoholics. I do like the thought up showing up as "The Mystery Drunk."

Litzi said...

Hi OneEar,
Not too many alcoholics can remain anonymous for long; usually their hi-jinxes cause them to become rather notorious with family and friends after a while. I’ve been there/done that and am relieved it’s over. Maybe you’re a “Mystery Drunk” to yourself but not to others…

It’s wonderful that you’ve managed to piece together (recall??) more of your weekend with the Clown Squad. That’s encouraging!

I began commenting as annie ominous because I was uncertain how my responses would be accepted.

Peace…

Litzi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Hey guys,

Sorry I missed the reuniuon yet again. It sounds like you had a swell time. We'll talk later. Go 'Skins!

Anonymous said...

Your "story" has inspired me not to give up drinking.

OneEar said...

I finally understand what is meant by alcoholics "anonymous."

Anonymous said...

Dear "One Ear",

How did you lose your ear? Drinking I bet you evil sinner. It is people like you that bring God's world into the belly of devildom. Thank God that God gives a damn about trash like you.

Litzi said...

Hi OneEar and Doc Bok,
This latest anonymous is NOT me….honest!

Litzi said...

He/She/It sounds a bit like a cretin or a Neanderthal.

Sometimes cyberspace brings out the numbnuts.

Litzi said...

Hi OneEar,
I’d hoped the fervent, fuzznut, rabid, religious types had gone the way of the reviled Jerry Falwell. Guess I was wrong…

Anonymous said...

you are a drunk and your friends are gay. you may be gay too.

OneEar said...

Alright, you are in danger of losing your anonymity privileges again!

DBok, I suspect you are behind this latest development. Before leveling your charges of gayness, please consider that you are the one who was trying to do things to Bundwear's private parts. I can bring in BJ to testify if need be.

Litzi said...

Hi OneEar,
Dykes on Bikes?

Doc Bok said...

I have never left an anonymous comment. Why would I bother? These people sound like several people, rather than just one. And someone else we know from Billysburg.
The gay comment sure sounds a lot like Bunderwear, though. AND he wasn't "able" to figure out how to post, as you may recall.

Doc Bok said...

And for the record, the only thing I have ever tried to do to Bunderwear's private parts is strike them at very high velocities with various objects, hoping for that "America's funniest home videos" moment. 'Cause it really IS funny when Bunderwear takes a well-aimed shot to the onions.

Teeheeheee. WHACK!!

Litzi said...

"The onions"??? I've never heard cajones called that before. Is that medical terminology?

Doc Bok said...

Medical? No. Culinary.

Litzi said...

Hi Doc Bok,
Get too close to the "onions" and your eyes water and tear-up? Are you wincing at the thought?