Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Meme Me

Catching up on my two-dew list from September:

  1. One book that changed your life: 1995 Chevrolet Suburban Owner's Manual.

  2. One book that you’ve read more than once: Green Eggs and Ham, by Dr. Suess. I read it doing a Jesse Jackson impersonation ala SNL.

  3. One book you’d want on a desert island: How to Keep Other People From F^cking Up Your Desert Island.

  4. One book that made you laugh: Catch 22, by Joseph Heller. It was the last occasion when a book caused me to laugh out loud. Of course, at the time, I thought it was fiction.

  5. One book that made you cry: To Kill a Mockingbird. It was my first step in the direction of becoming a lawyer. The crying only started recently.

  6. One book that you wish had been written: Free Drinks and Free Tacos - a World Guide.

  7. One book that you wish had never been written: What Color is My Pair of Shoes?

  8. One book you’re currently reading: Green Eggs and Ham, by Dr. Seuss.

  9. One book you’ve been meaning to read: Various laws. They might come in handy some day.

Now, if I understand this meme concept correctly, I need to infect someone else. How about my number one disciple, sort of the Magdalene to my Mary, ML.

10 comments:

Litzi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Litzi said...

Hi OneEar,
Thanks for tagging me to do a “Meme". However, the reference to my being your “number one disciple, sort of the Magdalene to your Mary” is touching, so I complied.

Litzi said...

Hi OneEar,
It appears that you’re a big fan of Dr. Seuss. Does it come in handy in your law practice?

I’d be a millionaire if I’d written “Free Drinks and Free Tacos”….living in Mexifornia.

OneEar said...

Dr. Suess was something of a reference back to Sven's post, but I do read it out loud often. Sometimes, I'll even let my children listen.

Litzi said...

Hi OneEar,
That’s white of you! I thought you were probably into Dr. Seuss because you were reading it aloud to your children. It’s amazing that his books are still popular 45 to 50 years after being published.

Doc Bok said...

Litzi....AAAAAAAHHHHH!!! YOU'RE FROM CALIFORNIA!!! How could you use such a passe, racially insensitive remark?!? "White of you"?!? Jeepers.

Litzi said...

Hi Loud But Off Key,
Whoa! Ye Gods, I didn’t mean to get your knickers in a bunch…oh, you’re not wearing any….okay, get whatever all balled up. It’s because I’m a native Mexifornian that such acrimonious, virulent “Neanderthalette” comments exude from my mouth. This is the land of fruits and nuts and everyone lives in mortal fear of the “Big One”, which to some degree explains my turd world remark. Please forgive me for offending your finer senses. I had no right making such a bestial comment on OneEar’s highbrow blog.

OneEar said...

Agreed. That remark was very brown of you.

Litzi said...

Hi OneEar,
Thanks! “Brown” becomes me. I’ll keep all reference to “color” out of my comments from here on out. Do you think that's a yellow, lily-livered way to go through life?

Sven said...

Geez...took you long enough. I was beginning to think you didn't like me. Or rather, took the delay as confirmation of such.

BTW, about the lawyer thing, FrankenKristin's lawyer had a change of heart about the whole car accident/liability thing. I hesitate to comment too much because we are still engaged in a "ongoing investigation" but suffice it to say we are scheduled for a mediation hearing in August. It should be interesting. As soon as the case is settled I'll update the story.

The taco book would be a good one.