Friday, January 25, 2008

Societe Rustiale

I have another one of my patented "Great Ideas (TM)." We will found a bank, or have Napoleon Bonaparte decree that it be founded, and raise $53B in capital. Then, we will set up systems of oversight which will permit a "rogue trader" employee to somehow blow $7,140,000,000 (13.5% of our funds). Then, the US Fed will print more money by lowering interest rates. Then, I can refinance my mortgage and probably save $50 per month on my payments. I will use my savings to buy an extra case of beer per week which will help to take the edge off.

7 comments:

Doc Bok said...

Sometimes I forget how it came to be you that was in charge of the Churck. Then, I remember. Then, I drink a lot of Scotch and forget again. Didn't you have some plan for making money that involved French bread?

OneEar said...

I am in charge because of my half-assed effort. The rest of you combined barely amount to half of an ass.

Litzi said...

Hi OneEar,
Your “Great Ideas™” regarding “Societe Rustiale” is far superior to el Presidente’s “Economic Stimulus Package”.

Attila the Mom said...

LOL! Let's do it!

Doc Bok said...

It was Napoleon's grandson (the 3rd) by the btw, that founded Societe Generale. He was much more useless than the original, and would probably be better for our plans. Your plans. Do we get to eat this bread, or just spend it? I love French bread.

Doc Bok said...

What CNN hasn't said about that rogue, one-eared trader was that he had successfully traded 120 billion dollars during the process, so he wasn't really down that much when he hit the negative-6 billion mark. They should've let him keep going to make up the loss. Come on, lucky number 7. Poppa needs a new set of hooves.

OneEar said...

I always get my Napoleon's mixed up. You make a good point, though, about the gambling. Perhaps the best solution for the current US fiscal dilemma is a giant roulette wheel.