Monday, December 20, 2010

Hey, How Is It Going, California?

The State of California is bankrupt (and muddy) as is the State of Illinois.

Why do I get the sneaking suspicion that the solution to this problem will be to extract the money to pay for fiscal recklessness from the citizens of the more responsible States? (Granted, there are very few States that are truly fiscally sound). Sort of like taking money from responsible citizens to cover the downside risk of "too big to fail" financial firms.

I have been warning you for some time that we should expect my son's generation to proclaim a hearty "Fuck you" when asked to pay for the money we've borrowed. I'm considering delivering the same message myself. Is California too big to fail? How about this time we find out.

7 comments:

litzi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
OneEar said...

Hello ML,

I've enjoyed my visits to CA except for DokBok's un-neighborly neighbors who kept yelling at all hours of the morning.

How many times does one need to yell "Shut up" before they should just go to bed resigned to the fact that we're not going to shut up? They were very rude and interrupted our "music."

Anyway, that being said, and having said that, I see no reason why ocean-front Nevada property wouldn't be nice as well.

litzi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Doc Bok said...

You're retarded

Anonymous said...

The pot calling the kettle black?

Doc Bok said...

Anon, either you love turtles or you are a wuss.

Anonymous said...

maybe both...